For most of us it is impossible to fully comprehend the terror that the ordinary people of Afghanistan are now feeling. Their lives were pretty grim before the USA, with the full backing of the UK government, decided to vanish and leave them to their fate.
Now the Afghan people wait to see what the reality of Taliban rule will be.
The only help we can provide at the moment is to donate whatever we can spare to one of the many humanitarian aid organisations listed below.
Donate to Afghan Refugees
- AfghanAid has been working in Afghanistan for nearly four decades with humanitarian projects geared to support UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Afghanistan Crisis Emergency Appeal – Save the Children UK
- Afghanistan Appeal – International Rescue Committee UK
- Afghanistan Crisis – UNHCR
- Afghanistan Crisis Appeal – British Red Cross
- Crisis in Afghanistan – Tearfund
- Mercy Corps in Afghanistan is assisting displaced families in Afghanistan to access clean water and other essentials.
- Protect Children in Afghanistan – UNICEF
How to help Afghan women
- Women for Women International UK is collecting donations for its emergency relief fund
- Vital Voices Afghan Women’s Fund – Vital Voices
- Help Us Keep Afghan Women Safe – Women for Afghan Women
How to help Afghan journalists
- International Media Support is partnering with the Afghan Journalists Safety Committee to collect donations to protect journalists still in the country.
If anybody has information regarding local efforts to help those in need in Afghanistan please email details to email@example.com
Please support the work of the East End Enquirer
If you found this story useful please consider helping the Wapping Mole and the East End Enquirer continue to cover issues like this by clicking the PayPal link below.
As community journalists we do exactly what it says on our tin – we work for the community.
In Tower Hamlets, which covers most of London’s East End, that means we spend a lot of time investigating allegations of political corruption.
It is an unfortunate fact that the poorest local authority in the country is still beset by the highest levels of corruption.
As Love Wapping we were instrumental in exposing the electoral corruption of Mayor Lutfur Rahman.