The party is over kids – literally. Those idiots who have been completely ignoring all the new rules to keep people alive by not congregating in parks can now be fined, £60 first offence, £120 second offence then doubling each repeat offence.
Police officers have new powers that allows them to deal with people ignoring the coronavirus rules. They can now:
- Instruct them to go home, leave an area or disperse
- Ensure parents are taking necessary steps to stop their children breaking these rules
- Issue a fixed penalty notice of £60, which will be lowered to £30 if paid within 14 days
- Issue a fixed penalty notice of £120 for second time offenders, doubling on each further repeat offence
And of course if they ignore this or take the michael they will get properly arrested and hopefully banged up.
Pity it cannot be applied retrospectively to the ‘some people’ who managed to get Victoria Park closed. We still don’t know how many and the Council will not tell us. They probably don’t know either. But it was definitely some people. Yes. Some.
Now wash your hands! And behind your ears.
Coronavirus newsletterPlease sign up to the Tower Hamlets health and wellbeing coronavirus newsletter here.
Useful coronavirus information sources
- NHS coronavirus advice
- Public Health England coronavirus advice
- Tower Hamlets Council coronavirus advice
- Tower Hamlets Council coronavirus contact page including phone number
- Tower Hamlets Council COVID-19 self-isolation support page.
- Tower Hamlets health and wellbeing coronavirus newsletter
- Latest number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and risk level in the UK?
- NHS 111 online coronavirus service
- Information on sick pay for those affected by the virus
- Government WhatsApp Coronavirus Information Service
- COVID-19: stay at home guidance
- COVID-19: guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- COVID-19: guidance for health professionals
- Canal & River Trust - Coronavirus advice