There is a huge amount of news and information produced every day, much of it very useful. In an attempt to keep on top of this the Enquirer will be publishing links to some of the stories we find on the interwebs.
The stories below are from all over the planet, not just the UK, as whatever our nationality we are all engaged in the same fight and there is lots to learn from others.
The best article we have read on the pandemic to date in the UK is Inside the ‘Covid Triangle’: a catastrophe years in the making which we recommend everyone should read.
Wednesday 10 March 2021
- Local elections 2021: Poll shows Covid-19 concerns will damage turnout among young people and BAME communities – iNews
- How Is The Pandemic Affecting The Well-Being Of Ethnic Minorities And Women? – theravive
- Ethnic minorities more likely to trust vaccine information from loved ones, data shows – EasternEye
- NHS in Devon working with BAME communities to increase vaccine up-take – Exeter City Council News
- ACCA campaigns for gender equality in the economic recovery from COVID-19 – Jamaica Observer
- Comfortably Numb? Low Vaccine roll out and Tower Hamlets – Cllr. Puru Miah
- UK COVID-19 Update: Lifting Lockdown ‘Surge’ Risk, BAME Heart Attack Disparities – Medscape [Registration required]
- COVID-19: Ethnic minorities at ‘higher risk of dying with coronavirus’ because of ‘colour-blind’ vaccine rollout, doctors warn. – Sky News
- ‘Significant’ racial disparities in care of heart patients during first pandemic wave – EurekAlert! Science News
- Covid in Wales: Racist incidents ‘take your breath away’ – BBC News
- ‘Disparities we had before played out during the pandemic’ | Coronavirus pandemic News – Al Jazeera
Please support the work of the East End Enquirer
If you found this story useful please consider helping the Wapping Mole and the East End Enquirer continue to cover issues like this by clicking the PayPal link below.
As community journalists we do exactly what it says on our tin – we work for the community.
In Tower Hamlets, which covers most of London’s East End, that means we spend a lot of time investigating allegations of political corruption.
It is an unfortunate fact that the poorest local authority in the country is still beset by the highest levels of corruption.
As Love Wapping we were instrumental in exposing the electoral corruption of Mayor Lutfur Rahman.