Worry not people! Cllr. Tarik Khan (Labour, St, Peter’s) has found himself a job at last. With Canary Wharf Group. Which is where we always thought he worked.
Confused? We all were! Maybe that was the point as Cllr. Tarik’s register of interests has changed more frequently than the seasons.
It now seems Cllr. Tarik really, really, really, really does work for Canary Wharf Group (CWG). Look he says so! So it must be true!
20 May 2020 Register of Interests
And before this he was working at the Office of National Statistics (ODS). No, seriously. Odd thing is that when Moley rang up to check nobody had heard of Cllr. Tarik.
What are the odds of that happening?
14 August 2019 Register of Interests
And before that he and his partner Cllr. Asma Begum were working where the other person was working which was… where the other person was working.
7 June 2019 Register of Interests
But before that Cllr. Tarik was working at the ‘South London Procurement Network’ which started the whole thing off was because it was not clear what the South London Procurement Network was.
28 February 2019 Register of Interests
But Moley easily worked out that South London Procurement Network was linked / part of Canary Wharf Group (CWG) the biggest employer in the borough.
Why Cllr. Tarik seemed so shy to admit who his employer was baffled Moley.
And when Moley could get no satisfactory answer from anyone in LBTH as to where Cllr. Tarik really worked and submitted a formal complaint the South London Procurement Network suddenly became the South London Procurement Network Limited – owned by CWG.
Of course we asked Cllr. Tarik some basic questions about all this (below) but he chose not to reply to any of them.
1. What was your role at the Office of National Statistics and how long did you work there?
2. How long have you been employed by Braeburn Estates (Canary Wharf)?
3. What are the nature of your duties at Braeburn Estates?
3. Is there any reason you wished to keep your employment by Canary Wharf Group secret?
You can read full details of this nonsense on Mole’s previous home, Love Wapping.
- SLPN Part 1 Cllr. Tarik Khan, the South London Procurement Network and the Planning Application
- SLPN Part 2 Cllr. Tarik Khan, Cllr. Asma Begum, the South London Procurement Network & Canary Wharf Group
- SLPN Part 3 Cllr. Tarik Khan, Cllr. Asma Begum and the Register of Interests Infinity Loop
And of course Mole will be keeping a close eye on where Cllr. Tarik claims to work in future – because nobody else does.
Please support the East End Enquirer
If you found this story useful please consider helping the Wapping Mole and the East End Enquirer continue to cover issues like this by clicking the PayPal donate button below.(You can also pay by debit cards using this link).
The East End Enquirer does not carry advertising and receives no financial support apart from people like you.